COUNTY CLERK OFFICES
Does it matter if we are from out of state?
No, not as long as the marriage license is obtained in Nevada or California.
How long does it take to get a marriage license?
You can receive your license at the time of application. Couples must appear together, in person, with valid picture ID and payment to receive a license.
DOUGLAS COUNTY MARRIAGE AND WEDDING INFO
- No blood test.
- No waiting period.
- Marriage License Fee is $60.00. Fee does not include a certified copy of the marriage certificate which is available for an additional $15.00. Fee is payable by cash, cashiers check, money order, Visa or Mastercard. Applications are good for one year.
- Both parties must present themselves at one of the Douglas County Clerk’s Offices. Appointments are not necessary during regular hours; see below for weekends, holidays or special arrangements.
- Adults 18 and older; parental consent not needed but proof of age is required.
- 17 years old; consent from parent or legal guardian required along with court order authorizing marriage of minor.
- Witness other than minister required at marriage ceremony.
- Previously divorced, divorce must be final where granted. Date, city and state where divorce occurred required, but it’s not necessary to furnish divorce papers.
- Out-of-country, the same rules apply to you, nothing additional is required to marry. You do not need a marriage license from your country. Driver’s license, passport, acceptable for identification.